Happy paddling and photography in the New Year 2015. Don’t forget to take a camera with you! These are pictures from my last paddling in 2014. I paddled my Sea Wind canoe on December 27 on Horsetooth Reservoir 3 miles […]
There are 18 results found
August 19, 2012. Dotsero. Preparing for the start of the Colorado River Race in the upper Glenwood Canyon – 10 miles from Dotsero to Hanging Lake Trailhead. This annual race run by Jerry Nyre takes place on the 3rd Sunday […]
Paddling and photographing in a spring time … A selection of my blog posts in May and June during last four years.
I am trying to return back to my older articles through “Paddling Photography a Year Ago” series. However, I am running this blog for over 5 years. So, today, I offer a look at selected April posts over the recent 4 years.
There are not so many women in that ultra marathon race. Male paddlers dominate. However, I just noticed that half of 3 times finishers (Bryan Hopkins, West Hansen, Christina Glauner, Chuck and Di McHenry, Katie Pfefferkorn) are girls. They must more persistent in that madness than boys. I would spoil this perfect statistcs a little bit if I add myself.
Missouri River 340 Races in pictures:
– 12 Pictures from 2008 Missouri River 340 Race
– Speed: My 2008 Missouri River 340 Race as Recovered from a GPS Track
– The End of My Photography during the 2008 Missouri River 340 Race
– Sunrise Paddling on the Missouri River
– 2008 Missouri River 340 Race Start in Pictures from Kaw Point
– 2007 Missouri River 340 Race in Pictures: 1. Kayaks and Canoes Starting at the Kaw Point
– 2007 Missouri River 340 Race in Pictures: 2. Kansas City to Boonsville
– 2007 Missouri River 340 Race in Pictures: 3. Cooper’s Landing to St Charles
– 2007 Missouri River 340 Race in Pictures: 4. At the Finish
– Race start at Kaw Point (Kansas City)
– From Kaw Point to Franklin Island
– From Coppers Landing to St Charles
– 7 miles of sprint to the finish
Not too much activity in this blog, but training and racing on the South Platte River I covered in my companion Fitness Paddling blog. I paddled mostly WSBS Thunderbolt-X kayak, but I was tried Spencer X-treme canoe.
340 miles on the Missouri River from Kansas City to St Charles in less than 100 hours. The MR340 Race started in 2006 with 15 boats. Next year over 70 boats entered. Last year we saw 150 boats at the start in Kaw Point and 250 boat is expected this August.
I am running a little series in my fitness paddling blog devoted to 3 years of MR340 race – stories by three time finishers. So far, we have the following parts:
1. Bryan Hopkins
2. West Hansen
3. Christina Glauner
4. Chuck and Di McHenry
A lot of paddling and training on the South Platte River launching at Milliken, Evans, or Kersey. In the end of February, I started my lake paddling season on the Boyd Lake. There was still some floating ice.
Some paddlers are afraid to paddle on the South Platte River during a goose and duck hunting season …
Recent Posts Widget
- Springtime Paddling on Horsetooth Reservoir with Sea Wind CanoeBy Marek on May 8, 2015
- Paddling and Flying with Geese at St Vrain and South Platte ConfluenceBy Marek on March 14, 2015